Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
atrX

CoD4 Common Problems & FAQ Megathread

1 post in this topic

DM me on the forums or tag me on Discord if you have any questions that were not answered here.

Where do I find my CoD4 directory?

Depending on the edition of the game, you will most likely find the game in either of these locations:

• Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Call of Duty 4
  • CD: C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare

I get "Server uses a different protocol version: 6 You use protocol version: 7" whenever I try to join a server?

Download the following file: Please login or register to see this attachment.

Move it to your CoD4 directory, replacing the original when it asks you to do so.

I'm banned from your servers but have never played before?

You are most likely using a cracked copy of the game. Someone else using the same CD key you use got banned, you may change your CD key and try joining again (this should never be used to evade a ban targeted at you, doing so will have consequences). We will not further assist you as we do not endorse piracy.

I can't hear any music ingame?

If you're a Windows player, you're in luck, you can probably fix your sounds this way:

Download the following file: Please login or register to see this attachment.

Inside you will find a folder called "miles", extract it to your CoD4 directory. If it asks you to overwrite any files, click yes.

If you're a Mac player, you're out of luck. The Mac edition of CoD4 does not support streaming MP3 audio.