Darmuh

Make a slenderman mod in CSGO

16 posts in this topic

tl;dr - Title.

Hey long time no see bois and girls. With the release of the new csgo battle royale mode there's just one thing I instantly thought of when I hopped in the game....

SLENDER MAN.

6 years ago AoD Rycoon (you'll see him in some map credits and the deathrun mod credits... he also ran a server called AoD) put together one of my favorite mods to hit CoD4. Basically there were two teams and you were either slenderman or NOT slenderman. The people who weren't slenderman would be running around looking for notes that would give them access to an "armory" to fight back. If this sounds like a mod you'd love to play welcome to the club. Unfortunately a little bit after the release of the beta, Rycoon decided to shut down his servers and to not release the mod files. So it stayed private and essentially died :(

For further reference, here's a video of Jericho playing it (i recorded a video too but its gonna stay private lol) -

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

2 people like this

I have no experience with Source modding whatsoever but I'll look into it after my exam period (and that deathrun update I've talked about in Discord with some people). I like the idea anyway. :)

1 person likes this

40 minutes ago, atrX said:

I have no experience with Source modding whatsoever but I'll look into it after my exam period (and that deathrun update I've talked about in Discord with some people). I like the idea anyway. :)

im sure you can figure it out :P

Glad you're interested in taking the project on. If you have any questions on how the mod worked let me know. I didn't work on it myself but I helped with most of the conceptual shit...

22 minutes ago, Darmuh said:

im sure you can figure it out :P

Glad you're interested in taking the project on. If you have any questions on how the mod worked let me know. I didn't work on it myself but I helped with most of the conceptual shit...

Sound good. I'll give you a shout if I have any questions. ^

23 minutes ago, Darmuh said:

anybody touch this idea yet? :ph34r:

My exams haven't even started yet, that's a nope. :P

On 10/12/2018 at 1:20 AM, Darmuh said:

(Nice job on that btw)

It's been a rocky road! Just glad I never let the domain die :D

15 hours ago, Darmuh said:

anybody touch this idea yet? :ph34r:

I really want to learn saucpawn so I might take a look into it :D

1 person likes this

On 12/29/2018 at 9:32 AM, MiKeY said:

It's been a rocky road! Just glad I never let the domain die :D

I really want to learn saucpawn so I might take a look into it :D

doooooo it! I need to see this mod live again lmao

6 hours ago, Darmuh said:

Bump 👀

We're a bit too focused on getting raky to rage quit xM. :dave:

That said, I have a few busy months coming up so won't have much time between my graduation project, internship, thesis and DR updates. I was thinking of setting up CS:GO servers in summer so I'll most likely give it a whirl then. ^

PS: If @MiKeY tells you he'll do something, don't get your hopes up. :dumb:

1 person likes this

So it's almost the end of the year now I was just wondering if anybody gave this a try?

10 hours ago, Darmuh said:

So it's almost the end of the year now I was just wondering if anybody gave this a try?

I've been busy with work, people have been throwing ideas at me left, right and center and I haven't been able to implement the vast majority of them. And Mikey doesn't really do anything these days. :dave:

On 12/23/2019 at 8:50 AM, atrX said:

I've been busy with work, people have been throwing ideas at me left, right and center and I haven't been able to implement the vast majority of them. And Mikey doesn't really do anything these days. :dave:

Well that's unfortunate :/