atrX

Raid Deathrun Mapping Contest 2019

15 posts in this topic

Hi there and welcome to 2019! We've got lots of exciting things planned but for now we're kicking off the new year with a deathrun mapping competition!

Deadline and submission

All maps must be submitted by 11:59PM GMT on February 17th. Submitting a map is done by creating a topic in Please login or register to see this link.  with screenshots/info/whatever of your map and a download link. Your topic title should start with "[Mapping Contest]" to differentiate between contest submissions and regular content.

Prizes

Right now the prizes are as follows:

• 1st place: 3 months of VIP
  • 2nd place: 2 months of VIP
  • 3rd place: 1 month of VIP

I'll probably throw in a 15-20 EUR Steam gift card for first place if enough people show interest. If anyone else wants to contribute to the prize pool, hit me up.

Rules

• You must be able to finish on 190 speed with a speed scale of 1.0 (why else would you be entering this competition?)
  • Your map must have a working endmap trigger
  • Your map must make use of the trigger list method for trap activation XP (if anyone doesn't know how to do this, hit me up and I'll write up a quick tutorial)
  • Broken lightgrid or failure to compile reflections = disqualified (no one likes a broken map)
  • No custom weapons (for the love of god, can people please stop doing this?)
  • Do not force viewhands/playermodels/weapons/... on players upon spawning
  • You can add secrets, but they are NOT to be taken into account when judging a map
  • You must not have started mapping before the time at which this was posted
  • You must be able to run your map using 1.7

Criteria

We will have the community vote on each map with a set of criteria, each with a rating out of 5:

• Theme
  • Level of detail
  • Uniqueness and variation of traps
  • Map flow

You can gain additional points with the following criteria (2.5 for each):

• Optimisation (proper use of caulk etc. will gain you points, portalling for big and detailed maps is appreciated but won't be taken into account)
  • Submitting a map without script errors :)

FAQ

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask below.

Edit: If you're planning on entering, please comment down below so I can get an idea of the amount of contestants.

4 people like this

Dunno if I'll do something for it, so here's a comment just in-case

1 person likes this

I've been debating this for a while and have also gotten requests for it so... The deadline has hereby been moved back 2 weeks, you now have until February 17th to submit your maps.

21 minutes ago, Xenon said:

Can i enter this ??? :D

Of course

You have until February 17th to submit a map

Hopefully it'll be the version of highrise you've worked on in the past.

1 minute ago, Anti said:

Now that would be against contest rules. :P

29 minutes ago, Anti said:

Of course

You have until February 17th to submit a map

what map is that haha

19 hours ago, Xenon said:

what map is that haha

So after spending two hours searching through the Raid forums archive, I'm either delusional or it was somewhere else I saw it

Basically it was a giant golden circle in which different portions would alter as the traps.

An example being the left side had three by three rectangles out of the circle rise and kill the jumpers.

On 2/5/2019 at 8:11 AM, Anti said:

So after spending two hours searching through the Raid forums archive, I'm either delusional or it was somewhere else I saw it

Basically it was a giant golden circle in which different portions would alter as the traps.

An example being the left side had three by three rectangles out of the circle rise and kill the jumpers.

;) i found it haha maybe i should save it ... its got some crazy fun things on it

1 person likes this