Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2ReGul4r

Map Suggestion

7 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

so I started to learn mapping like 1 week ago. And already finished my first map.

I know its not pretty but I guess for my first map its cool :) 

Name: mp_dr_surfacing

Traps: 4

Rooms: 6 

Difficulty: Without Traps Easy | With Traps Medium

Length: I tested just without Traps I needed about 30 seconds. But I am not a speedrunnner ;) 

Image: Q0VbSDo.jpg

Download Link: Please login or register to see this link.

1 person likes this

Hey, I just quickly played through the map and noticed a couple things:

You can't see through the glass in the acti area if fullbright is disabled, which creates a bit of an issue for the activator. There's some other glass textures that you could use, or you can make the acti side just a clip so its completely see through. 

Most maps nowadays have music playing at the start, so the map is overall a bit quiet, but if that's what you're going for all good. If you want to make a music menu like most maps use nowadays (almost every map uses the exact same one), you can find the scripts for one from other maps or you can just pm me and I'll send you them.

Taking the route with bounces skips over most of the map, and it makes a couple traps obsolete so you may want to rework that pathway. 

Great first map, I'd use it as a stepping stone to improve upon.

Hi, I tested your map aswell and have also a few suggestions for you,

-Try to also test your map at default speed (190), because some jumps in the beginning are just too hard for most players if the server is using 190 speed.
-When using multiple skyboxes in a map, try not to let them intersect of leave some gaps open as this will give weird artifacts (you can see some of the other rooms from the main map :P).
-4 traps is a bit on the low side for a deathrun map imo
-The claymore endroom doesnt work when the dr mod has insertion enabled as that weapons replaces the claymore weapon file.
-This is more a personal matter, but try not to kill players in endrooms (for example in the sniper room with the water) as  this can be a bit frustrating. Instead try to teleport them backt to their spawn like in the bounce room.

All and all not bad for a first map, as you have some original ideas like the switch room. I hope to see some more maps for you!

-Speedex

14 hours ago, Pain. said:

Hey, I just quickly played through the map and noticed a couple things:

You can't see through the glass in the acti area if fullbright is disabled, which creates a bit of an issue for the activator. There's some other glass textures that you could use, or you can make the acti side just a clip so its completely see through. 

Most maps nowadays have music playing at the start, so the map is overall a bit quiet, but if that's what you're going for all good. If you want to make a music menu like most maps use nowadays (almost every map uses the exact same one), you can find the scripts for one from other maps or you can just pm me and I'll send you them.

Taking the route with bounces skips over most of the map, and it makes a couple traps obsolete so you may want to rework that pathway. 

Great first map, I'd use it as a stepping stone to improve upon.

Thanks man. 
So first In the actis room is a fullclip dont know if this blocks the view. :D

Second I got music on the map, dont know if it is buggy. Cause on my 2nd Client where I just got the rar as usermap its working.

And I didnt wanted a music menu for this map. I got one standart song and one for every room.

And the Bounce skip is wanted as "less traps" cause in my opinion its pretty hard

Again thanks for you feedback :D 

3 hours ago, Speedex said:

Hi, I tested your map aswell and have also a few suggestions for you,

-Try to also test your map at default speed (190), because some jumps in the beginning are just too hard for most players if the server is using 190 speed.
-When using multiple skyboxes in a map, try not to let them intersect of leave some gaps open as this will give weird artifacts (you can see some of the other rooms from the main map :P).
-4 traps is a bit on the low side for a deathrun map imo
-The claymore endroom doesnt work when the dr mod has insertion enabled as that weapons replaces the claymore weapon file.
-This is more a personal matter, but try not to kill players in endrooms (for example in the sniper room with the water) as  this can be a bit frustrating. Instead try to teleport them backt to their spawn like in the bounce room.

All and all not bad for a first map, as you have some original ideas like the switch room. I hope to see some more maps for you!

-Speedex

Also thank you for feedback.
I did test the map on 190 and tought the jumps where okay.
I knew that the claymore endroom doesnt work on normal dr mod I said that to atrx already in discord.
And in the Snipe room you can go around the water but I wanted it so you dont just rush and noscope your enemy cause noscoping in cod4 is pretty easy.

And thanks for noticing the switch room I am realy proud of this idea. :D

Change Log: mp_dr_surfacing

- Tried to fix lighting bug in the 1. Activator room (didnt workd for me :()

- Changed Sky for Visual improve

- Fixed that you can see the Switch room in the distance.

- Removed the buggy mini skip bounce