Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Triton

Some quality of life changes?

6 posts in this topic

I've just had time to sit down and realise what little things bug me on the deathrun server, so I came up with some small suggestions that could improve the experience.

Rules on the Main Menu (ESC MENU), Just a little thing because !rules just generally spams your console and it can be hard to read them

Stats on the Main Menu (ESC MENU): At the end of the game you are able to see how many times you've killed someone, how many times you've died etc, would be nice to have a page on the menu to see these stats, see image below for reference.

43229fbac8cb834deb6dbe0c509fde2f.png

Deathrun settings on the Main Menu (ESC MENU): Any chance we can get this menu back from the original raid? I understand that we can use the B-4 menu but having an menu page for would be a lot more ideal for new players. This menu could be where the current options menu is, with the settings & controls options being within that menu.
997fb33b435f2f1a6f41752ab45316cf.png

When spectating players, it would be nice to see who's actually alive and who's a ghost player, a little icon next to the word SPECTATING at the top of the screen would be ideal. This one might be a stretch, however, if you can implement this I would be quite thankful.

e6dd2cacefa5f53462a67446fbd29ce3.png5d02437f1c1615468e499a7297d1dcf4.png

Timer in ghost mode?

I'm always gonna mention this RTV option, however, hear me out. !rtv would be a command that would allow the players to skip the current map and choose from a selection of 3 other maps. ( !1 for map 1 / !2 for map 2 / !3 for map 3) In order to prevent the command being spammed, after you have 'RTVed' a map, you have to wait a minimum of 3-5 maps until you can use it again, additionally when you type !rtv, you would need at least 75% of the server to !rtv too otherwise the vote will not go through.

When you B42 make it say <PLAYER> has spontaneously combusted, like in the original raid.

This is all I've got for now, but i'll reply with another post if I end up thinking of more :P

Edited by Triton
I can't spell lol
2 people like this

16 minutes ago, Triton said:

Rules on the Main Menu (ESC MENU), Just a little thing because !rules just generally spams your console and it can be hard to read them

Good idea.

17 minutes ago, Triton said:

Stats on the Main Menu (ESC MENU): At the end of the game you are able to see how many times you've killed someone, how many times you've died etc, would be nice to have a page on the menu to see these stats, see image below for reference.

43229fbac8cb834deb6dbe0c509fde2f.png

Fairly easy to implement, I'll see if I can implement it in the next update. :) 

18 minutes ago, Triton said:

Deathrun settings on the Main Menu (ESC MENU): Any chance we can get this menu back from the original raid? I understand that we can use the B-4 menu but having an menu page for would be a lot more ideal for new players. This menu could be where the current options menu is, with the settings & controls options being within that menu.
997fb33b435f2f1a6f41752ab45316cf.png

I'll put it in the backlog for now. I want to add it but atm really cba tbh. :dave: Nah, but seriously, I'll see if I can add it for next update.

20 minutes ago, Triton said:

When spectating players, it would be nice to see who's actually alive and who's a ghost player, a little icon next to the word SPECTATING at the top of the screen would be ideal. This one might be a stretch, however, if you can implement this I would be quite thankful.

e6dd2cacefa5f53462a67446fbd29ce3.png5d02437f1c1615468e499a7297d1dcf4.png

Perfectly possible and already on my to-do list, actually. :) 

22 minutes ago, Triton said:

Timer in ghost mode?

Timer was disabled in ghost mode for good reason, it wouldn't sync up with regular play (freeze at the start of the round, start doors etc.).

23 minutes ago, Triton said:

I'm always gonna mention this RTV option, however, hear me out. !rtv would be a command that would allow the players to skip the current map and choose from a selection of 3 other maps. ( !1 for map 1 / !2 for map 2 / !3 for map 3) In order to prevent the command being spammed, after you have 'RTVed' a map, you have to wait a minimum of 3-5 maps until you can use it again, additionally when you type !rtv, you would need at least 75% of the server to !rtv too otherwise the vote will not go through.

At that point it'll just see no use. People can just play the maps they vote for. I'm adding a lot of suggested maps to the rotation in the next update anyway so it'll feel somewhat fresh again.

24 minutes ago, Triton said:

When you B42 make it say <PLAYER> has spontaneously combusted, like in the original raid.

Will do, along with the sound effect.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, atrX said:

Fairly easy to implement, I'll see if I can implement it in the next update. :) 

Pls make it like the old raid one fam instead of the basic stats you see

deb59d7cc0cf0bf4cb3071c80b1272e5.png

1 person likes this

I'd like to add to this conversation

the oof gun

Please login or register to see this link.

spooderman Please login or register to see this link.

bat girl Please login or register to see this link.

fortnite girl Please login or register to see this link.

Atrx: "Timer was disabled in ghost mode for good reason, it wouldn't sync up with regular play (freeze at the start of the round, start doors etc.)."

Still still can happen now though. When there is a map with a door and there are traps that only activated once (so after it's activated it won't do anything anymore), in the first round, "free run", you can then skip the waiting time for the door and get an insane time.

Second way of doing this, is when you are alone in the server, leave when the round is about to start, then rejoin. The traps won't be activated so you have a free run without waiting time for a door. The time you then get will still be stored.

So maybe an idea to add a spot in the map right after leaving the door, where your time starts recording. This way you can add a timer to ghost run as well. Or remove the recording of the time for free run and when you are alone in the server? I don't know if this is possible though.

Edited by Zeronwad

On 1/13/2019 at 1:13 AM, Lossy said:

Pls make it like the old raid one fam instead of the basic stats you see

When I implement it, it'll track a whole bunch of stats, no worries. :P

16 hours ago, jwofles said:

I'd like to add to this conversation

the oof gun

Please login or register to see this link.

spooderman Please login or register to see this link.

bat girl Please login or register to see this link.

fortnite girl Please login or register to see this link.

Some of the models? Sure. The gun? Fuck off.

4 minutes ago, Zeronwad said:

Atrx: "Timer was disabled in ghost mode for good reason, it wouldn't sync up with regular play (freeze at the start of the round, start doors etc.)."

Still still can happen now though. When there is a map with a door and there are traps that only activated once (so after it's activated it won't do anything anymore), in the first round, "free run", you can then skip the waiting time for the door and get an insane time.

Second way of doing this, is when you are alone in the server, leave when the round is about to start, then rejoin. The traps won't be activated so you have a free run without waiting time for a door. The time you then get will still be stored.

So maybe an idea to add a spot in the map right after leaving the door, where your time starts recording. This way you can add a timer to ghost run as well. Or remove the recording of the time for free run and when you are alone in the server? I don't know if this is possible though.

I've said it only once in Discord so I understand the general public not knowing about this but in the upcoming update the timer will be disabled during practice rounds (and the free run when you're waiting for someone to connect) so that'll solve that problem. ;)